Obtaining the Best Results in Divorce and Family Law Cases
Obtaining the best outcome in a divorce is like most things in life that are difficult to attain. Hard work and preparation. The harder and smarter you work, the better chance you have at obtaining a certain goal. The goal in this case is a good outcome in a divorce or family law matter. When you do not work hard or smart on the case, you can have dire consequences. Your attorney needs to work hard and smart for you but you also need to help your attorney by providing the right information. With that in mind and hard work, you have a much better chance at a good outcome than if you do not.
Key Tips to Obtaining the Best Outcome in a Divorce or Family Law Case in New Jersey
- Try to obtain the most important financial papers you need (Bank Statements, Investment Accounts, Retirement Account Information).
- Work with your attorney to have a clear plan for your case
- Be respectful every time you go to court
- Meet the court deadlines for discovery and motions
- Do not violate court orders
- Be on time for court
- Be flexible and realistic
- Carefully go through the opposition's discovery
- Answer your discovery in full
- Speak with your attorney and listen to the best case and worse case scenarios
- Work with an attorney that is experienced in the family law and divorce fields
- Focus on the most important issues in your case (child custody, alimony, equitable distribution)
Consult with Santo V. Artusa, Jr., Esq. To schedule an appointment, call us today on 973-337-9643 to discuss your case in full confidence.
Be wise and contact the Artusa Law Firm team today in our Jersey City location.
Phone (800) 606-0003
Fax (858) 459-1332